The Rodeo


Last Friday night Ryan and I got in a bit of an argument because, while I was sitting at home all by myself, he decided to stay at school until 10:30 at night playing the devil of all games (aka Halo) with some of his med school friends and Cody and Paul...thanks guys... Although I was furious with him at the time, it actually ended up working in my favor. I told him that because he ditched me for a dorky video game all day on Friday, he owed me a whole evening of doing everything that I wanted to do, and, believe me, I took full advantage of the opportunity. So on Saturday evening, Ryan took some time out from studying to go on a double date with our new friends Jocylin and Jameson. My friend Katy gave me 2 free tickets to the rodeo & Jessica Simpson concert and then we happened to get 2 more free tickets, so we invited them to come along. Before the show, we went out to eat at a yummy restaurant called Stokes and then made our way over to the Omaha Qwest Center. The Rodeo was SO FUN!! My favorite event was probably when the 5- and 6-year-olds would ride on the back of a sheep until they fell off - the child who was able to hold on the longest was the winner (I think the event was called Mutton Racing or something like that...). It was so funny to watch and little cowboys and cowgirls were so stinkin' cute!

Below are some pictures that we took on the way in. They had this huge cow set up right in front of the Qwest Center. Silly boys...




After the rodeo ended, Jessica Simpson took the stage and boy was she terrible! We didn't even stay for a whole song before we walked out...it was that bad. I don't know...maybe it would have gotten better had we stayed for more than just "These boots are made for walkin'", but none of us really wanted to find out. So instead of listening to Jessica sing horribly off key, we went to see the movie Eagle Eye. It wasn't the best movie that I've ever seen, but it was entertaining.

All these activities made for a very late, but eventful, evening. We had a wonderful time! We're so happy to have made friends with such an awesome couple!

Comments

Paul Haymore said…
Jamie,

You know I love you. Which is why I can say that I hope you've forgiven Ryan for spending time with friends. For my part I considered it the highlight of my week, so thanks for allowing me a little happiness.

Glad to hear you two showed the fortitude to walk out of a Jessica Simpson concert. I'm pretty sure that her music is considered "cruel and unusual".

One of these days we'll need to get together.
Christi said…
Ooo, Tim knows better! But I'm glad you got to teach Ryan a lesson! The rodeo sounded like fun! That picture is hilarious of the kid on the sheep!
Seth and Sierra said…
I think I might have to use that little lesson on Seth! He has his days when he does that...thanks for the idea! :)
Sounds like you had a fun day! Sorry Jessica was so bad. I hear a lot of the live concerts of popular singers nowadays are horrible. I believe that's why I don't go much, but it's still fun if you ignore there lack of pitch...if you CAN ignore them that is ;)
Unknown said…
Thanks for the congrats! I think you should do nursing school as well. You would be so good at it! Have you had any luck in figuring out your career? Looks like you guys are keeping busy! How is med school life?
Ashley said…
Hey Jamie,

I just wanted to tell you that I do not plan on going to water aerobics on Saturday. Bob and I are planning the whole day together, and I don't want to miss any of it. (It will be our 5 year anniversary/2 month engagement anniversary). We will probably go to the farmers market though, so if you and Ryan wanted to tag along, I'd be down.
Hope you are having a good week.
Anonymous said…
I'm planning on taking my husband to see Eagle Eye tonight for his b-day (there aren't any other movies out) so I'm glad you at least said it was entertaining.
-Mary Beth (Christi's sister)
Jill Tyrrell said…
Hi Jamie! I haven't looked at my own blog in so long (let alone make any updates) but I got on tonight and saw you and Ryan listed as "followers" of my site, so I thought I'd check out your blog. It looks great! I love seeing all your pictures! I'm so glad you guys called Rob to go out this past weekend, but also sorry that we couldn't join you. Rob has been so busy lately, we've hardly seen him at all. We actually had plans to go to the temple (we had a sitter arranged and everything) and then HE bailed on ME because he had too much to do for school. But I would love to get together soon! We miss you guys and we miss Mischa. If you're ever in the neighborhood, please stop by and bring Mischa to play with Jassy...I know she'd love it!
gregandlaura said…
Oh - the many times I have hated Halo and how it has taken away my husband! hahah I was laughing reading that - I completely understand your situation!! thats so fun you got to spend a night together- soak it up for all its worth!!! HALO takes forever (I hope he doesn't play golf too, cause thats just as bad. :) )

Popular Posts