A Weekend with my Giggle-muffin

Finally, after about 2 months of rarely seeing my husband, I got to have him all to myself for the whole weekend! It was so wonderful! To be honest, we really didn’t do whole lot, but it was just nice to spend some quality time together. It was long overdue, if you ask me! It’s easy to tell when we’ve gone too long without spending any real time together because I get super cranky and kinda mean to Ryan… poor guy… Hopefully this weekend will be enough of a fix to keep “crank-butt Jamie” away for a while! Some highlights of our weekend include:

1.) Going to the last farmer’s market of the year with Bob and Ashley and then going to get donuts at the Donut Professor afterwards.

2.) Lots of couch cuddling!

3.) Having Jocylin and Jameson over for dinner, watching the movie Willow together, and then eating some of the yummy chocolate chip pumpkin bread that Jocylin brought over for us.

4.) A couple of walks with Misha.

5.) A delicious dinner of chicken satay with peanut dipping sauce and teriyaki vegetable skewers that Ryan and I made together. (Ryan has turned out to be a pretty talented griller! I’ll have to take advantage of his new skill more often!)

6.) An inspiring day of church.

7.) And the best part of the weekend…. Almost no studying!!!


I love you, babe, and thank you for a fabulous you-and-me weekend. I’ve been missing you!

Comments

Christi said…
I understand the cranky and kinda mean stuff when you don't get to see your man enough!
And why haven't you sent me that recipe for my food blog?! It sounds so yummy!!
Christine said…
Ohh, I get cranky too when I haven't had much quality - hubby time. I hear ya. And I'm so glad we're not the only ones who have seen Willow ... I still think it's funny. Glad you had some time together!
Traci said…
It's nice to get that kind of together time, no matter how rare it is! Brad says to tell you guys hi - we hope you're doin great!

Popular Posts