Celebrating Our Anniversary

Wednesday was our anniversary!! It's hard to believe that we've already been married for three years. Time flies! Unfortunately, Ryan and I had school and work to deal with that day, but we didn't let that get us down.

Ryan surprised me with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers that he had delivered to my office (that's the bouquet there on the right). He was even suave enough to request that the florist include stargazer lilies in the bouquet! (Stargazer lilies are my absolute favorite and were the main flowers at our wedding- isn't Ryan the cutest boy ever!?) The flowers smelled amazing. They made the whole lobby area in my office smell so fresh and sweet. Some people even told me they could smell them all the way at the other end of the office, but no one was complaining! Of course, I got all kinds of attention from all of my co-workers (especially the ladies) who kept telling me over and over again how beautiful the flowers were. More than the flowers, though, I think they were jealous of what a sweet husband I have...
For one of my gifts to Ryan I decided to take him on a surprise picnic over my lunch break. Because Ryan has managed to ruin every single surprise that I have ever tried to do for him, I came up with an elaborate web of lies in hopes that it would throw him off the scent. To make a long story short, it worked like a charm! Hurray for my first successful Ryan-surprise ever!! (The sad thing is that to this day he is still piecing everything together as he realizes which things I told him really are and aren't true! lol!) The image to the left is a picture of the park where we had our picnic- the Heartland of America Park. Luckily, it turned out to be the perfect day for a picnic. We ate Ryan's favorite homemade sub sandwiches, chips, apples, and a pint of ice cream for dessert. Afterwards we laid down on the blanket for a little while and then decided to take a walk around the lake. When we finished our walk, it was about time to get back to work.
Throughout the day I also gave Ryan 3 more gifts and a love note to go with each (1 gift for each year of marriage). It's hard to see the first gift in the picture but I got him a 6-
pack of IBC rootbeer. Anyone who knows Ryan at all knows how excited he was about that one! His second gift was the frisbee- and yes it's pink- but I liked it better than the ugly orange one so he's just gonna have to deal with that... :) And the last, and most favorite gift of all, was the remote control Jeep. I have never seen Ryan's eyes light up the way they did when he ripped open that wrapping paper! That's my boy!Finally, for the second part of my gift, Ryan took me out to dinner. We weren't able to go on Wednesday because Ryan had a test that he needed to study for so we went to The Cheesecake Factory last night and it was soooo yummy! A perfect way to end our anniversary celebration! (The picture at the top of this post is a picture of us at the restaurant.)
Comments