Happy 27th, love-face!
Today is Ryan's 27th birthday... that's right, 27! My husband is turning into an old man! At least he's still got most of his hair... Ha ha! Just messin' with ya, babe! Anyway, rather than the sappy message that I would normally write, I thought I would mix it up a bit and simply help everyone to get to know Ryan a little bit better. Here are 27 things you always wanted to know but were afraid to ask about soon-to-be Dr. Ryan Scott Benson:1. He is deathly afraid of spiders. If he finds one in the house, he'll make me get rid of it for him.
2. He has a serious obsession with jeeps and is constantly trying to get me to be as excited about them as he is.
3. His favorite food in the world is ice cream and his flavor of choice is moose tracks.
4. One of his favorite pastimes is reading fantasy novels.
5. He is very handy. If something is broken - the car, the stereo, our phones, my necklaces, the TV, the garage...you name it! - Ryan is almost always able to fix it.
6. Ryan lacks all self-control when it comes to sweets. If I buy any kind of treat at the store, it will be gone the next day, if not before.
7. Even though he says he thinks she's annoying most of the time, I know he's got a soft spot for our Misha. He gets this look of pride and contentment on his face whenever she lays on his lap... or awkwardly sits on his chest. She is so weird...
8. His thumbs look like big toes.
9. He likes to sing along to the songs on the radio, but he rarely knows the words so he'll make them up as he goes.
10. Although he's usually too embarrassed to show off his dance skills in public, he will often practice his little dance routines at home.
11. His computer is like an extra appendage.
12. He eats with incredible speed. If I dish up his plate first and then go to dish up mine, he'll be finished eating by the time I sit down. I never give him his plate first anymore.
13. Kate Beckinsale is his second love. He is particularly fond of her when she's dressed up like Pocahontas in the movie Click.
14. If being a doctor didn't work out, he'd probably be just as happy with a career as an auto mechanic.
15. A future goal of his is to brew his own root beer.
16. He hates for his bellybutton to be touched. If I come within 1 foot of his bellybutton, he will literally karate chop my hand away.
17. Ultimate frisbee and snowboarding are his 2 favorite sports to play. Football is his favorite to watch. (Go Broncos!!!)
18. He's afraid of going bald.
19. He was once a punk kid who wore baggy Jnco jeans, no shirt, and Rollerblades everywhere. He was also known to pee on (and off) of things and steal street signs, often with his bff Cody.
20. He has terrible road rage.
21. He went on a mission to Hong Kong and speaks Cantonese.
22. He is very ticklish and does NOT enjoy being tickled.
23. He is EXTREMELY grumpy when he wakes up from naps or if he is woken up while he is trying to sleep. If you want to see something scary, come over just after he has gone to bed or as he is waking from an afternoon nap... it isn't pretty.
24. He hates shopping, unless he is shopping for a new car.
25. Whenever he gets home from working out, he'll ask me, "Are you ready?" Then he'll take his shirt off and flex until he is convinced that I am truly impressed.
26. He is forever quoting Family Guy, South Park, The Office, and Anchor Man.
27. He is the best husband in the world! - Come on, I had to get a little sappy :)
There ya have it! I love my man and all of his crazy quirks! Well...maybe not ALL of them... Anyway, the point is, Ryan is a wonderful man and all the people who have had the chance to get to know him should consider themselves lucky. I hope you have a happy birthday today, Ryan! I love you more than you know!
Comments
I was proud to know quite a few of those facts. Unfortunately, I have very vivid memories of #19. (Not a pretty sight!!!)