From bad to good

I had a terrible ending to my work day on Wednesday. A heated argument with a coworker left me feeling drained and super emotional. Tears streamed down my face as I drove home. When I arrived at the house, I sat in my car for a bit to gain control over my emotions and slowly made my way inside. When I walked in the door, my wiggle-butt Misha was right there to greet me (as she always is), and Ryan had a big bear hug waiting for me as well. As he wrapped his arms around me, I completely fell apart all over again. Ryan was so sweet. He just stood there and held me until I regained my composure. Feeling mildly better, although still miserable, I sat on the couch next to Ryan and he handed me card that had come in the mail. It was from my sweet Grandma Jeanie. She had so thoughtfully sent Ryan and me an anniversary card containing money that was intended for Ryan and I to use for an anniversary date the next day. How sweet is that!? Grandma Jeanie is such an awesome grandma! Having my spirits lifted a little, I decided to do the responsible thing and go to class (puffy red eyes and all) even though I really didn't want to. Class was ok, but I just felt yucky the whole time. My professor, Dr. Ruley, even expressed his concern and asked me if everything was alright. Luckily, Dr. Ruley let the class go early which I could not have been more thankful for. As I was walking out to my car with my friend and classmate Carrie, I told her my sob story and she offered many kind words along with a big hug that really warmed my heart. Going home, I did feel considerably better; however I was still stressing about having to deal with the situation the next day at work. When I said my prayers before bed that night, I asked over and over again that everything would turn out alright and that I would be able to handle the situation well. Thursday morning was proof that prayers really are heard and answered. The coworker that I was having trouble with came up and apologized to me and the rest of the day went just as smoothly as I could have hoped for.

I know this story isn't anything especially spectacular (and the argument I had with my coworker wasn't even that big of a deal to begin with), but I just wanted to acknowledge and express my gratitude for the people who willingly offered me their love and support throughout my little internal crisis. All of these acts of kindness made such a huge difference to me, and I am so thankful to them for making my day a little brighter. =)

Comments

Laura Benson said…
Such a touching story of the "tender mercies of the Lord." Thanks for sharing.
Anonymous said…
Oh, I completely understand. I had something similar happen today. Hope you are feeling better. When are we going to take the dogs together for a walk or date?
Seth and Sierra said…
I have had days like that...It's so true. I'm glad everything has resolved! Little "tender mercies" like laura said...are always good to hear about.

Popular Posts