Golden Apple

Golden Apple was last Saturday and Ryan and I ended up having a really good time! It was fun to get all dressed up and have a night out with friends. Golden Apple began with cocktails where everyone just kinda waited around for the doors to the ball room to open. Once they did, Angela, Ashely, and I made a mad dash to get a good table. We were able to snag one right in the front by the dance floor and the stage. We had dinner, which was decent aside from the mysterious dessert that no one could quite figure out and the bad service. I felt like we were being rushed through everything and they kept taking our glasses away before we had finished with them. Grrr! Anyway, after dinner, the awards ceremony started. In the last post where I talked about Golden Apple, I made it sound like it is just another dance like back in high school. The real purpose of the event is to recognize medical school students and faculty for their outstanding service to the community and students. Our good friend Thuy ended up winning the Golden Apple award for the 2011 med school class. Thuy is one of the nicest girls I know and definitely deserved the award, so I'm glad that she won! After the awards, we watched the M4 video and then got to the fun part - dancing! I danced for most of the night and even got Ryan to dance with me a little. Despite what he says, he really is a good dancer. We finally arrived back home at around 1:00 am. All in all, it was a good time. I'm already looking forward to doing this all over again next year! Here are some pictures from our big night out:
The couples:

My handsome husband and me

Bob and Ashley

Chris and Angela

The Girls

The centerpiece on each one of the tables was a big bowl full of apples - all red apples and one golden delicious apple. Ashley got hungry during the ridiculously long ceremony and so she grabbed an apple and went to town. Snow White, anyone?

Here are Bob and Ryan refusing to dance. Shortly after this picture was taken I got Ryan to get up and dance with me, but Bob is much harder to crack. I don't think he's a fan of the dancing, but he seemed perfectly content watching everyone else make fools out of themselves on the dance floor.

The Halo boys - Ryan, Tam, and Phil (For the life of me, I can't remember who the guy on the end is...)

Where the heck did you get those, Ryan?

Comments

Ashley said…
Thanks for posting these cute pics!
Lindsey said…
I love your hair! When did you get bangs?
Traci said…
Looks like fun! You look gorgeous!

Popular Posts