A random act of kindness
I wanted to share a quick story because, although it was something small and simple, it really touched my heart and totally made my day. Let me start by saying that I have had a massive headache all day today and, on top of that, I'm just not feeling the greatest. Also, for no real reason at all, I've been close to tears twice...just not a good day to be Jamie. Anyway, as a friend from work (Tim) and I were emailing back and forth, I happened to mention that my head was hurting. He asked if I had taken any medicine for it and I told him that I wanted to see if fluids would help first and if not, then I would take some meds. He recommended that I drink some Gatorade, which I told him I didn't have, and then we moved on to another subject. Towards the end of our emailing conversation, another guy from work (Andy) stopped by my desk with an OJ in his hand and said, "You look like you could use a Gatorade, but they didn't have Gatorade downstairs, so here's an orange juice." I laughed (and secretly got a little choked up) and said thank you. Later, as Andy was walking out the door to go home, he asked me what that was all about, as Tim hadn't explained anything to him. So I told Andy the story and said thank you again. Because Tim took 2 minutes out of his day to ask Andy (who is in the office today since Tim is currently in Mexico) if he would run to the store downstairs and buy me a Gatorade for which he would pay Andy for when he got back into town, my day has totally turned around. Although my head still hurts, I feel ten times better!
The moral of my story is, you never know when a random act of kindness (no matter how small), will make all the difference to someone. Tim had no idea that there was anything wrong with me other than a headache, yet he was able to change my attitude from a fairly negative one to a positive one. And for that, I know my husband will be grateful as well. :)
The moral of my story is, you never know when a random act of kindness (no matter how small), will make all the difference to someone. Tim had no idea that there was anything wrong with me other than a headache, yet he was able to change my attitude from a fairly negative one to a positive one. And for that, I know my husband will be grateful as well. :)
Comments