Christmas Vacation 2008
Me and Chase.
Awww!
And that pretty much sums up our visit to the Benson home. We always have a good time hangin' at the house and spending time with the family!
On Christmas Eve, we made a quick trip over to the Minter house (aka my family's house), to set up the puppy surprise. While the family was out to dinner and a movie, Ryan recorded me as I got the puppy all settled in a ginormous Christmas box that Mom and Kurt had left out for us to use. When the family got home, we were waiting for them, video camera in hand. The kids had absolutely no clue what was going on, and a puppy was the last thing they expected to be in the box. When they opened it, they were shocked and super excited. It was so fun!! I wish I would have gotten pictures of it!
Misha loved having the puppy to play with. They played really cute together, even though this picture doesn't portray that very well... Misha was so gentle and sweet with the puppy. Quite often, the puppy would bite Misha's jowels with her sharp teeth and make Misha cry. Ha ha! Poor girl.
Here we are opening presents on Christmas morning.
My goofy brothers.
Because we're always so crazy busy with family stuff and running back and forth between places, there isn't always very much time to catch up with old friends. Luckily, this trip, I was able to spare a little time to visit with two of my very best friends from home. Christie I have known since junior high and she is in the picture above. Kelsey is in the picture below and I have known her since 2nd grade. I LOVE these girls!!
Jason's band was booked to play at a party in Denver on New Year's Eve, so the kids came up to stay with us while he and Nicole were there.
Pres and Misha had fun cuddling. Too cute.
Rylan and Grandma had fun doing the dishes.
And Chase had fun whipping me, Ryan, Hayden, and everyone else at Yahtzee... twice!
My mom and Kurt's anniversary is on Dec 30th (I think...) and so us kids decided to make them an anniversary dinner. It turned out to be really delicious.
One evening, we got together with my Grandpa, Maria, Joe, Sarah, and Amanda to exchange gifts for Christmas. Below is a picture of their whole family.
Collin and I were intrigued by the I Spy book we found. We spent a good part of the evening searching for the hidden objects. And this goes without saying, but we pretty much dominated. (My uncle Jason and sister Kira are in this pic too.)
I liked this picture of Nicole and Presley. I can see where Presley gets her good looks.
Lastly, on Christmas Day, Ryan and I had the opportunity to have dinner at my Grandma Barbara's house with my Dad's side of the family. My dad, Rhonda, Marissa, Devon, Jeff, Pilar, Sam, Denise, Kieth, Levi, Nate, Tony, Jenny, Caden, Bria were all there. I didn't take nearly enough pictures because I was too busy socializing with my family that I hadn't seen in ages, but here are a few shots that I managed to get.
My Aunt Jenny and Uncle Tony (and my grandma's dog, Ginger).
Jen and Tony's son, Caden. This kid had me rolling. He's so funny.
Last of all, my sister Marissa and Jen and Tony's newest addition, Bria.
We just got home and we are both ready to go right back. We really hate being so far away from the family, but we want to thank them for making each visit home special. We love you all. Thanks for a wonderful Christmas!! See you again soon!
Comments