Belated Birthday Wishes

I apologize to those of you who think I have forgotten about you! I promise I haven't- I've just been really terrible at keeping on top of my blog recently. This post is to make up for the birthdays that I have missed. (Well, not really missed...but not posted about yet!)

I will start by saying happy birthday to my grandmas. I am convinced that I have been blessed with 2 of the most amazing grandmas in the world. From the time that I was little, they have spoiled me rotten and have always made me feel special, the way only grandmas can. Something that I am, perhaps, the most grateful for is the way that they both have accepted Ryan as one of their own grandchildren. From the way that they treat him, you'd never know that he wasn't always a part of our family. Ryan is always telling me how thankful he is to have them in his life. Some of my favorite memories of each grandma include:

Grandma Barbara letting me spend the night on my weekend visits to see my dad when I was little, shopping sprees when I can't afford to go myself, the most delicious mashed potatoes and sugar cookies in the world, trips to Red Lobster where me and Ryan can get whatever we want, always making the extra effort to keep in touch even though we live far apart, and never forgetting a special occasion.


Grandma Jeanie letting me sleep in her bed with her when I was little (and I bet she'd still let me if I asked!), her amazing homemade Mexican food, the little gifts she sends back with us whenever we come home to visit, her insistence on paying for mine and Ryan's cell phones (which she says is her contribution while we are in school), and her cards and phone calls just to say she loves us. Also, my grandma Jeanie is probably the best example of kindness and service that I know. She would go to the ends of the earth to help out another person, even if she doesn't know them.

I love both you grandmas very, very much and I hope that your birthdays were as amazing as you are!


Tara's birthday was on Sunday. (This is an older picture of her, by the way. She has hair down to her shoulders now, but doesn't she look awesome bald?) Ryan is having a hard time believing that his baby sister is already 21-years-old. I think it makes him feel like an old man. Tara is such a smart, sweet, and beautiful young woman. And I have to say, it's SO not fair that she can not shower for 3 days in a row and still look absolutely gorgeous! There aren't very many people who can pull that off... Anyway, aside from upping the beauty factor, we're so lucky to have Tara be a part of our family. She can brighten any room with her pretty smile and bubbly personality and she has a talent for making people laugh. Ryan and I are forever quoting her, whether we are referring to the "matechins" or butt cracks that are too high, ha ha! We love you, Tara, and hope you had a fabulous 21st birthday! (P.S. Congrats on the new job - you'll be the employee of the month in no time!)

Finally, I want to say happy birthday to my little sister Kira and my Grandpa Joe whose birthdays are today!


Kira turned 11-years-old today. Now I'm the one who's feeling old! Before I know it she's gonna be a teenager, then graduating from high school, then going to college, and then getting married!! Ahh! Okay, maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but it's crazy how quickly it seems your siblings grow up when you don't live with them anymore. I moved out of the house just as Kira was beginning elementary school and I hate that I have to miss all the fun parts of her growing up! Oh well, I guess that makes my visits home to see her that much more special. Kira is one of the funniest, sweetest little girls you'll ever meet (although my brothers might tell you differently...) Kira and I may look nothing alike, but she's definitely my little sister. Mom and Kurt are always telling me how much Kira reminds them of me when I was little. From tormenting our brothers to singing ever-so-loudly in the shower and from eating peanut butter off a spoon to having a huge collection of stuffed animals, I can see why they would say that! Ha ha! Kira, we're the coolest...don't let anybody tell you differently! Happy Birthday, babe!


My grandpa Joe is truly an amazing man who has led an amazing life. He recently finished writing a book about his life that I am really excited to read. He accomplished so much and I know that his life story will be an inspiration to many. I have so many memories of my grandpa that I don't even know where to start! All growing up I remember him playing the guitar and singing songs which I loved listening to, he'd humor his little granddaughter by pretending to enjoy the concoctions that I would come up with for him to eat,when I was little he'd let me sleep in his bed right in between him and grandma while they watched their late-night TV shows, and I will never forget his signature laugh when he hears or sees something really funny. I am grateful to my grandpa for encouraging Ryan to become a doctor (I honestly don't know if Ryan would have decided to become a doctor without his influence) and I'm grateful for the love of medicine that he instilled in me. I love you, grandpa and I hope you have a great birthday today!

Comments

Popular Posts