My kind of weekend
Since Ryan had his renal final on Thursday of last week, he didn't have much to study over the weekend which meant that we actually got to spend some time together!! Hurray!!! On Friday night, Ryan made us crepes for dinner and then we went to see a late movie. We saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was a good movie, but not a good one to watch when you're tired, as it tends to drag a bit. I was able to stay awake through the whole thing without much trouble, but Ryan nodded off a couple times here there... I should have known better than to take him to a movie that started at his bedtime!

Ryan and I got to spend the whole day together on Saturday - it was great! I started it off by making us eggs and bacon for breakfast. After we were all showered and ready for the day we made the 20-30 minute trip to west Omaha to pick up some dog food for Misha. (Unfortunately, the kind of dog food that we get for Misha is only sold at two places in Omaha and they are both pretty far from our house and have odd hours of operation - we must really love that dog of ours...) Lucky for me, it ended up that the dog food place was right next door to Hiro, my favorite sushi place in Omaha! After about 10 minutes of begging and pleading, Ryan finally agreed to take me there for lunch. After that we went to Bakers for some light grocery shopping and then home to put the groceries away and wait for Jocelyn and Jameson who we invited to come with us to the car show at the Qwest center. The car show was a good time. Jocelyn and I picked out about 4 cars each that we expect our men to buy us some day!
After the car show, Ryan and I joined Jocelyn and Jameson for dinner with Jameson's family at Nicola's, a little Italian restaurant downtown. The food was delicious and we had a good time getting to know Jameson's parents and sister. They're such nice people! When we had finished eating, Ryan, Jocelyn, Jameson, and I were walking back to the parking garage when we were sidetracked by a candy store called Hollywood Candy. They have all kinds of candy there - even candies that you probably haven't seen since you were a kid. They have Big League Chew, Big Hunk, Razzles, candy cigarettes, Pez, the list goes on and on. We were like a bunch of kids in that candy store! We walked out of there with a couple packs of candy cigarettes, cinnamon bears, mini jaw breakers, sour gumballs, and an old-fashioned black cherry soda. We had a lot of fun playing with our candy cigarettes and we even had a little contest with the sour gumballs (which turned out to be really lame, sadly). We're so glad that Jocelyn and Jameson decided to join us for our evening out.
After the car show, Ryan and I joined Jocelyn and Jameson for dinner with Jameson's family at Nicola's, a little Italian restaurant downtown. The food was delicious and we had a good time getting to know Jameson's parents and sister. They're such nice people! When we had finished eating, Ryan, Jocelyn, Jameson, and I were walking back to the parking garage when we were sidetracked by a candy store called Hollywood Candy. They have all kinds of candy there - even candies that you probably haven't seen since you were a kid. They have Big League Chew, Big Hunk, Razzles, candy cigarettes, Pez, the list goes on and on. We were like a bunch of kids in that candy store! We walked out of there with a couple packs of candy cigarettes, cinnamon bears, mini jaw breakers, sour gumballs, and an old-fashioned black cherry soda. We had a lot of fun playing with our candy cigarettes and we even had a little contest with the sour gumballs (which turned out to be really lame, sadly). We're so glad that Jocelyn and Jameson decided to join us for our evening out.

When we got home from the candy store, Ryan and I went over to Maryal, Wendy, Kim, and Courtney's adorable house for a mid-winter's luau. It had been a while since we had hung out with our big group of med school friends, so it was really good to see everyone. We're so lucky to be a part of such an awesome med school class! (Maryal, I hope you don't mind that I'm using a few of your pictures!)
The ladies of the house - Wendy, Kim, Courtney, and Maryal


Finally, Sunday came and Ryan and I went to church in the morning where we wrestled with Sunbeams (this topic will have a post of it's own sometime in the near future...) and then we came home and I went straight to studying while Ryan got to relax and play computer games with Jon and Paul. Later that evening, we had one of our Home Teachers (organized by our church) and his wife and baby over to share a spiritual thought, and then we had dessert afterwards. After they left, I studied for the rest of the night and then we went to bed.
A pretty busy weekend, but at least it was busy with mostly fun things! Hopefully next weekend will be just as good.
Comments