Misha and Jasmine
When we first moved to Bellevue, I would take Misha for walks in the neighborhood behind our apartment complex. Often on our walks, we would pass by a yard with a pretty yellow lab in it that Misha was always so excited to see. Sometimes I would let Misha off her leash and the dogs would run up and down opposite sides of the chain-link fence together until they could barely breathe. They had so much fun. At the time, I remember thinking about knocking on the door and asking if I could let Misha into the yard to play, but then I thought that might be kinda weird... I didn't want my new neighbors thinking I was crazy! So, I just continued letting them play a little through the fence when we'd pass by on our walks and I thought no one was around. Ironically, Ryan and I found out a few weeks later that the family who owned the dog was in our ward at church. One thing led to another and I was finally able to set up a play date for Misha and her friend across the fence. It didn't take long before Jasmine and Misha were BFFs, although those watching them play may have thought they were enemies from all the growling, biting, and hard-core wrestling that went on! Here they are getting down to business...


We're so lucky to have such great friends in the ward who were willing to let our dogs play together. I was even able to drop Misha off there while I went to work in the summer sometimes so she wouldn't have to stay in the kennel all day. Thanks Rob, Jill, and Jasmine for your willingness to let our pups play together and for the puppy sitting while I was at work!
Comments