Step 1 is DONE!!!!

And it feels so good!!! Ryan finished the 7-hour test at around 3:00 pm on Wednesday, June 3rd. I could hear the sound of relief in his voice when he called me as he was driving home.

Since Ryan and I were both out of school, we were able to have a series of little celebrations to finish out the week. When I got home from work on Wednesday, Ryan and I went to Outback Steakhouse and then went home and watched a movie together. It was SO nice to finally have my hubby all to myself after so long! On Thursday, I surprised Ryan with a homemade fondue dinner where we enjoyed chicken, shrimp, and veggies cooked to perfection in our new fondue pot! By Friday, Bob, Chris, and Ryan had all taken their tests, so we planned to have a group celebration. Bob, Ashley, Chris, Angela, Ryan and I went to dinner at the Dundee Dell for their famous fish and chips and then to an Omaha Royals baseball game. After the game, Chris, Angela, Ryan and I went to Blue Sushi for their happy hour. You know how Angela and I heart our sushi!




On Saturday afternoon, Ryan and I went putt-putt golfing. It was a pretty funny game. Ryan and I are both TERRIBLE putt-putters. In the end, Ryan beat me by 3 strokes, but I think he must have added the numbers wrong...





Since the test has been out of the way, Ryan has been like a completely different person. I'm so glad to have my happy, loving, almost stress-free husband back. Thankfully, Ryan had about 3 weeks off before his 3rd year rotations started. It was really nice for him to be able to relax before jumping back into the hectic life of a medical school student. When I wasn't home to keep him company, Ryan tried to keep himself busy with little projects around the house. He fixed pretty much everything there was to fix on both of our cars and in our home and shortly thereafter started to complain that he was running out of things to do. Ha ha! I guess I'm lucky that Ryan likes to be productive with his free time. If it was me, you know my butt would be on the couch watching TV and reading fantasy novels!!

By the time Ryan's break came to an end, he was more than ready to start playing doctor. Here he is, looking all cute, on his first day as a 3rd year.
3rd year has been a lot of fun for him so far. His first and current rotation is Internal Medicine. He's learning a lot and enjoying wearing the white coat and doing his rounds at the VA hospital. He has met some very interesting characters and is constantly telling me about the horrible problems that smoking for 40 or more years can cause. Old people + lots of years of smoking = bad new bears...

Comments

Maria said…
Congratulations on Step 1! You guys will be finished school before you know it. Miss you lots!
Seth and Sierra said…
Yay for finishing Step 1!!

So, I looked at your stuff, and I think I'm good with how mine is now...haha I think I'll design it better if I get really bored one of these days. That's a lot of work! Yours looks so stinking cute! In a good way ;)

Popular Posts