Memorial Day Weekend Visitors
On the Friday before Memorial Day, my family arrived at our doorstep! I was SO excited to finally have them here that I made them stay up and talk to me until none of us could keep our eyes open any longer - I think it was about 5:00 am by the time we all went to sleep. Although we didn't do anything too exciting during their stay (let's face it, it is Omaha), it was fun just to spend time together. Some highlights of our weekend included making an Asian feast complete with Asian noodles, homemade sushi, and dessert Won tons (coordinated by the expert- Chase); playing drunken pirates and taking the dogs to the dog park; playing Catch Phrase; watching our goofy dogs play together (I could seriously watch them for hours and never get bored of it); discovering a new restaurant to add to our "favorites" list - Cheeseburger in Paradise; going to Thunder Alley for go-carts, bowling, and laser tag; and a farewell breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Unfortunately, Ryan, was unable to spend a whole lot of time with us because of his boards studying, but at least he got to be there for some of the time as opposed to the last time we got together where he wasn't there at all! My poor guy...
Since I had been living as a widow for the past couple of weeks (mourning the loss of my husband to medical school), it was really nice to have my family here to keep me company. I miss them already! Hopefully we'll get to see them again soon!
Comments