3rd of July

This year, we celebrated the 4th of July on the 3rd! Omaha's own Rosenblatt Stadium hosted an Independence Day celebration on July 3rd complete with tailgate parties, a baseball game, and fireworks. The med school crew decided to make a day of it, so early Friday morning, Bob and Ashley were nice enough to scope us out a spot. Chris, Angela, Ryan, and I met them there later in the afternoon. It was mildly chilly and a little rainy out, but we still had a good time. Here's Ashley lookin' all cute with her umbrella.



And here's our set-up. *sigh* This picture makes me yearn for a camping trip. Can't you just see a campfire in the middle of all those chairs and a tent in the background?

We brought a smorgasbord of food with us to our little pre-game party. Ryan was put in charge of cookin' the hot dogs. I think we discovered a hidden talent of his. Ryan is an awesome hot dog cooker! The hot dogs were lightly browned and juicy and perfectly plump... I don't think I've ever enjoyed a hot dog as much as I did that day. Mmm, mmm!

The baseball game was entertaining. Not necessarily because I like to watch baseball, but because I like the atmosphere. I love to eat sunflower seeds and other baseball game treats, people watch, and enjoy the company of friends. Angela had me rolling with this picture...

Look at that face. Ha ha! What the heck were you talking about, Angela?? Whatever it was, I guess her enthusiasm wore her out because this is what she looked like a little while later...

Go Royals!!!

Near the end of the game, it started to drizzle so Bob pulled out his trusty iPhone and discovered that a big storm was headed straight for us! We booked it out of there as fast as we could to beat the storm and not get drenched. (Our cars were a good distance away from the stadium.) Because I have impeccable timing, I needed to pee before we left the stadium... You all know where this story is going... Yep. Had I not stopped, Ryan and I would have made it to the car completely dry like everyone else, but we were SOAKED! Sorry, babe...

After waiting around for the rain to let up, the fireworks show finally started. I think it would have been a pretty good show had we been watching from the stadium. But, as it turned out, our cars were parked behind the place where they were shooting off the fireworks which meant that most of the fireworks were hidden by smoke. Ryan and I found ourselves longing for the Loveland fireworks show that we both enjoyed every July when we were kids. Oh well. All in all, it was a super fun day with super fun friends!

Comments

Lindsey said…
That sounds like such a fun day! I love the 4th or the 3rd of July! Isn't summer so much fun? How are your classes going? Are you glad that you went back to school? Are you working full time too? We need to catch up.
Lindsey said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said…
Cute pictures. I was just thinking we need to all get together soon. Maybe Bob and I need to have a cookout next weekend. Where is the summer going?

Popular Posts