Catching up with friends
The weekend before last, Ryan and I got together for dinner with Jonny and Amber. Jonny and Amber were neighbors of ours when we lived in Bellevue and they were also in our ward at church. We decided to go to Trini's, a little Mexican restaurant downtown. The food was good and we had a great time talking and catching up on what we had all been up two within the few months that we hadn't seen each other. On our way back to the car after dinner, we walked past a group of about 4 people and a police officer. One of the girls in the group was holding what looked like a golden retriever puppy. Amber couldn't resist the temptation to pet the little ball of fluff, so she walked over and asked if she could pet him. I, of course, followed and even got to hold him for a minute. As Amber and I were gushing over how adorable the puppy was, we found out that the puppy was lost and the group was standing there waiting for the humane society to come and pick him up. Amber practically begged that the policeman to let her take him home with her right then and there, but to no avail. When the truck pulled up to take the puppy away, Jonny walked over and asked that the guy put his name on a list to be called if no one claimed the puppy. We all said goodbye to the pup and continued on our way to the car. We were all kinda laughing about the fact that it wasn't really going to happen. Amber was sure she'd change her mind in the mean time, and besides, such a cute little puppy (who even had a collar on) would probably be claimed anyway. Well, to our surprise, a couple days later Ryan and I heard the news that Amber and Jonny had a new puppy! Apparently, nobody claimed the little guy, so Jonny and Amber got the call and now have a new addition to the family. I haven't heard much about him yet. Only that Amber named him Cooper and he's supposed to be about 75 pounds as an adult. I'm still anxiously awaiting my invitation to come over and see him... *hint, hint*. Amber, whether I'm invited or not, I'm coming over sometime this weekend, so be ready for me!! =)
Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day. I went to the gym in the morning and then decided that I should take Misha to the dog park. Just as we were getting ready to leave, I got a call from Katy and so I invited her to come along. We had a lot of fun chatting, playing with the other dogs that were there, and watching Misha have a good time. Later on, I went over to Ashley's house for a couple hours to hang out and play Wii. I had been wanting to try out the Wii fit for a while, so Ashley showed me the ropes. It turned out to be a pretty fun game...which I seriously suck at. I guess I'll just have to invite myself over from time to time so that I can practice! We also played a driving game...I can't think of what it's called right now...maybe mario cart? Again, I seriously sucked at this game too, but it was super fun anyway and Ashley got to play this one with me rather that just watch me play. I definitely see more Jamie/Ashley Wii dates in our future!
Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day. I went to the gym in the morning and then decided that I should take Misha to the dog park. Just as we were getting ready to leave, I got a call from Katy and so I invited her to come along. We had a lot of fun chatting, playing with the other dogs that were there, and watching Misha have a good time. Later on, I went over to Ashley's house for a couple hours to hang out and play Wii. I had been wanting to try out the Wii fit for a while, so Ashley showed me the ropes. It turned out to be a pretty fun game...which I seriously suck at. I guess I'll just have to invite myself over from time to time so that I can practice! We also played a driving game...I can't think of what it's called right now...maybe mario cart? Again, I seriously sucked at this game too, but it was super fun anyway and Ashley got to play this one with me rather that just watch me play. I definitely see more Jamie/Ashley Wii dates in our future!
Comments