STOMP

When my mom and I took our trip to New York this past summer, we saw practically every show that there was to see. Well...that's probably not true...but we did get to see almost every show that we wanted to, with the exception of one. I don't know how many of you have heard of STOMP, but it's a Broadway production where the performers produce a variety of rhythms and beats with all sorts of miscellaneous objects like garbage can lids, newspapers, brooms, and plastic bags. STOMP was playing in New York when we were there in August, but we just didn't have enough time to do everything, so that was one of the shows we decided to fore go. Well, about month or so ago, I happened upon a flyer in Starbucks advertising that STOMP was going to be at the Orpheum Theater in Omaha in December! Yay!!!! So, last Saturday (as in Saturday the 13th), my good friend Angela and I made a night of it.

Before the show, we meant to grab some dinner at Blue Sushi, but we got caught-up shopping at the mall (as we often do...) so we didn't have time. Instead, we made a quick stop at Ted & Wally's (an AMAZING local ice cream place) and got some grossly enormous ice cream treats.

A banana split for me...


...and a brownie sunday for Angela!


After we couldn't take anymore ice cream, we headed to the show. The show was SO good. Of course, we weren't allowed to take pictures of the performance in the theater, but here are a couple that I found online so you get the idea.



At one point in the show, the performers were hanging from ropes in front of a big wall that had all kinds of weird things on it. They would hit the things on the wall with what looked like drum sticks and each one made a different sound. Not only was it cool that they were hanging from the ceiling and swinging back and forth to reach the different wall instruments, but the beat they produced was so awesome! The set in picture right above this paragraph looks a lot like the one at the show we went to. In the background, just above the perfomers' heads you can see the wall that I am talking about. Anyway, this was my favorite part of the show, although I also loved the part where they "fought" each other with long sticks while making other beats with their feet. So cool!

After the show ended, Angela and I decided that we couldn't miss an opportunity to have sushi. Unfortunately, neither of the guys share our passion for this delicious Japanese cuisine, so we have to take advantage of the times when we can go together without them. So, off to Blue Sushi we went. We were even lucky enough to arrive just as their late-night happy hour was beginning. What a way to end our girls night out! Just look at those happy faces!

Comments

Christi said…
I saw that advertised last year, but didn't get to go. It looks really cool! Maybe next time...

Popular Posts