Back to school, back to school...

So, after much research, thought, and prayer, I finally made the tremendously difficult decision to go back to school. I must be crazy, right? To be honest, I'm really not all that excited about being in school again (who likes homework, papers, quizzes, and tests?), but I am excited about making something more of my life. I didn't spend four years getting a degree in psychology to become a receptionist in a CPA firm. What I really wanted to do (and STILL want to do) is help people on a more personal level. I want to have a positive impact on others and influence their lives for the better. That being said, I have decided to go back to school to pursue something in the medical field, most likely nursing. I think nursing is a great option for me. Not only is it in a field that I find to be fascinating, but the job pays well, it's in high demand, it's flexible (and, therefore, will accommodate a family quite nicely), and it will allow me to fulfill my desire to help others. I don't want to get my hopes up too high (I need to take the prerequisite courses and get accepted first), but I get excited just thinking about it! We'll see how it goes...
My classes started December 1st and I am already up to my ears in homework. This quarter I am taking an online ethics course (which I have done absolutely nothing for so far) and Anatomy and Physi
ology. Anat & Phys is two days per week for 4 hours each day! This means that my schedule 2 days each week goes like this : work from 8:00 am-4:00 pm (with no lunch break); home at about 4:15 pm to let Misha out, change clothes, grab a little dinner and possibly get some last-minute studying in while packing up my stuff; leave for class at 5:30 and stay til class ends at about 10:00 pm. Yuck! Not very fun, but the good news is that I have an awesome teacher and I am really enjoying the class so far. I had my first quiz yesterday and I did really well (95%!!!), so that was a nice little confidence booster! It's hard to get back into the school thing when you've been out for a while. I can't believe that it's already been over a year since I graduated. Where does the time go? Anyway, I'll let you know how I like my Ethics class once I actually do something for it...I guess I better get on that... Until next time, wish me luck on my first exam which will take place on Monday!
ology. Anat & Phys is two days per week for 4 hours each day! This means that my schedule 2 days each week goes like this : work from 8:00 am-4:00 pm (with no lunch break); home at about 4:15 pm to let Misha out, change clothes, grab a little dinner and possibly get some last-minute studying in while packing up my stuff; leave for class at 5:30 and stay til class ends at about 10:00 pm. Yuck! Not very fun, but the good news is that I have an awesome teacher and I am really enjoying the class so far. I had my first quiz yesterday and I did really well (95%!!!), so that was a nice little confidence booster! It's hard to get back into the school thing when you've been out for a while. I can't believe that it's already been over a year since I graduated. Where does the time go? Anyway, I'll let you know how I like my Ethics class once I actually do something for it...I guess I better get on that... Until next time, wish me luck on my first exam which will take place on Monday!
Comments