Misha the sicky

Wow...I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. I need to get with the program! In all honesty, I have written a post that talks about last week's events. I just haven't put it out for you to read yet because I need to get some more pictures in it first. It's coming soon, I promise! In the mean time, I'll give you an update on my pup. You know how I've said before that Misha is ALWAYS sick with something? Well, just the other day Ryan and I were talking about how thrilled we are that Misha has been so healthy recently. We haven't had to take her to the vet for anything other than her kennel cough prevention shot in ages! Unfortunately, we spoke too soon...On Tuesday, I made an appointment with the vet to get her checked out. Misha had started coughing/wheezing whenever she would get excited, she was reverse-sneezing a lot (kind of a snorting sneeze), and she was obviously a little sick to her tummy - I'll spare you the graphic details on that one...Ryan and I were a little worried because it was about this time last year that Misha developed an extremely sever case of pneumonia. She was SO sick! Not only were Ryan and I a mess emotionally over that whole thing, but we also spent about $2500 to get her better. We definitely did not want to go through that again, so we decided to take preventative measures. Our trip to the vet went ok. The vet really wasn't able to tell us a whole lot because all of Misha's tests came back totally normal. She ended up sending us home with 4 different meds for her to take (1 for her cough, 1 for her tummy troubles, 1 for her sneezing, and an antibiotic). My poor pup has been on more drugs...I guess the good news is that she is not developing pneumonia again! Thank goodness! You better believe that I'll be watching her like a hawk, though! I hope she gets better soon, especially since we have a vacation coming up...Yay for Thanksgiving!

You know, it's kinda funny that all my friends write about their babies on their blogs and I talk about my dog...I guess it just goes to show how much I love my girl ;)

Comments

Seth and Sierra said…
Well she's like a baby :) I love dogs, but Seth and I can't agree on a size, so we're just not going to get one...plus kids and puppies are similar...
Anyway, that's really sad that Misha is sick! I hope she gets well soon for your, your carpet, and your wallet's sake!
Lindsey said…
Awwwww! I hope Misha feels better soon! I hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving! Are you still thinking bout going back to school? When do you start?
Debbie said…
Jamie love your blog!!! I haven't forgotten you!!! My life is so CRAZY!!!!!!! (BUT good crazy!) I will call you I promise!!!

Popular Posts