Carving Pumpkins

Last Thursday we got together with Chris and Angela to carve pumpkins! It was such a nice evening that we decided to make a mess on our front porch rather than in the house. I wish it was nice enough outside to do it that way every year.

A couple weeks ago, Chris and Angela adopted a 5-month-old girl puppy named Daisy, so we brought the dogs out to play while we worked. They played so cute together for the most part. After a while, though, Misha turned into a little bully...She got a bit out of control with her front paws at times (she kept knocking Daisy right over trying to get her to play) and she also kept parading in front of Daisy with her bone in her mouth. It was like she was saying, "Look what I have, Daisy! Don't you want my tasty bone?" It drove Daisy nuts! She wanted Misha's bone so bad, and Misha just kept showing off. Daisy had her leash on and Misha was off-leash, so Misha would pass right in front of Daisy's nose so the bone was just out of Daisy's reach and then she'd prance away only to return a minute later. What a brat! Here's a picture of the dogs with their referees.

I scooped out all of the gunk in my pumpkin and poked the holes for the pattern and then I got to work with the carving tool. I got about a quarter of the way done and then I made Ryan finish it. It was so tiring cutting all those little pieces out!

Ryan turned out to be an awesome pumpkin carver! Everyone who saw our pumpkins commented on his amazing artwork. Surgeon's hands, I suppose... (Mine is the ghost and Ryan's is the haunted house.)

After we finished with our pumpkins, Angela and I went through the pumpkin guts to gather the seeds so we could bake up a yummy treat. Misha and Daisy wanted to help; they both LOVE pumpkin!

I don't think I'll ever get tired of this tradition :)

Comments

Seth and Sierra said…
looks like a fun day! Great pumpkins!

Popular Posts