Busy Week
Last week was a super busy one. Ryan finished Cardiology on Monday and boy were we glad! Although he really enjoyed the content of the class, there was a massive amount of material that he was expected to learn, so it pretty much took over his life these last couple of weeks. Ryan was so burnt out from studying so hard that he didn't do any studying at all this week. You know what that means, right? Yep! I got to have him all to myself all week long. It was SO nice! Monday evening, we had a celebratory dinner with Bob and Ashley at a restaurant called Thai Spice and then Ryan and I came home and watched a movie together. Tuesday evening, we met Nick, Alena, Bob, Ashley, Chris and Angela at The Cheescake Factory to celebrate Angela's birthday. Their pumpkin cheescake is to die for! Wednesday...ummm...I don't remember what we did on Wednesday, but I'm sure it involved me hanging out with Ryan some more! Thursday, we went to Cris Crisler's place for a surprise birthday party for Tam, one of Ryan's med school buddies. We even got to bring Misha along, who spent most of the evening chasing around Cris' little dog, Aster.
SURPRISE! (That's Tam there in the doorway)


Misha LOVES little kids! This is her trying to sneak a kiss from Austin, Laura and Paul's adorable little boy.
And here is Misha terrorizing poor Aster!

Friday, we were invited over to Thuy (another med school friend) and her husband Dave's beautiful home for dinner. After eating our weight in food, everyone made their way downstairs to Dave's "man cave" where we played World Tour (at least, I think that's what its called... it's just like Rock Band) and ping pong. It was a lot of fun!
Here's a few of us before dinner (Thuy, me, Ryan, Richard, Wendy, Laura, and Austin). We were all enjoying watching Austin play. He had us laughing all night! I wish I had a video of him dancing to the rock music when we played World Tour. Priceless!
There's Bubba, Dave, Thuy, Patty, and Ryan.
A little better shot...
Patty, Jeremiah, Wendy and me. Needless to say, we totally rocked.
Saturday, Ryan and I watched Chris and Angela's puppy, Daisy, while they were away for the day. Daisy was a good girl for the most part, minus a small incident at the start of the day. Daisy thought it would be a good idea to poop in her little kennel and then fling it all over the place and ground it into her fur, bed, and toys. Not a pretty sight (or smell, for that matter). After getting her and everything else all cleaned up, Ryan and I took the dogs for a walk around the neighborhood and let them both get some energy out. The rest of the day was spent cleaning, watching TV, and napping. We were planning on going to see the new James Bond movie that just came out, but decided not to after hearing that it isn't worth the money to go see it in the theater. Really? It wasn't that good? Too bad! We were really looking forward to it. Oh well. Who knows...maybe we'll just have to see for ourselves.
We had another fun day on Sunday. We went to church in the morning and then went to the dog park with Chris, Angela, and Daisy when we got home. Misha got some good exercise! Her favorite thing to do is chase around all the other dogs in the park. I love to watch her interact with other dogs. She is such a goofy girl :) After our trip to the park, we came home and I made dinner and a pumpkin pie for dessert which was ready just in time for Jocylin and Jameson to arrive. We invited them over to join us for dessert and games. Our game of choice was Monopoly. After 2 hours of playing, Ryan came out on top. I got second place, followed by Jocylin who came in third, and Jameson was last. I had forgotten how much fun Monoply is! We had a great time playing. The game, surprisingly enough, remained relatively peaceful throughout the whole thing. Monoploy has the potential to bring out the worst in people, as Ryan and I have witnessed in the past (ha ha!), so we were very happy that no one let their competitveness get the best of them. Thanks Jocylin and Jameson for playing with us! I think we need to make Sunday game nights a weekly tradition!
Well, I guess that's pretty much it. Before I go, I also want to say thank you to Chris, Angela, and Daisy for the delicious cookies they brought over last night. They were SO yummy! Definitely worth Daisy dootie on Saturday. (Ha ha! Get it? Daisy "dootie"! I crack myself up!)
Comments