The Field of Dreams, a day of shopping, and the Iowa State Fair


This past Saturday, the guys (meaning Ryan, Bob, Chris, and Nick) planned to take a trip to see the field of dreams. In preparation, we had our first real visitors over to our new place to watch the movie! Chris, Angela, Bob, and Ashley came over Friday evening and we ate pizza while our memories of the wondrous baseball field were refreshed. The guys left early the next morning and Angela and I readied ourselves for a big day of shopping and a BIG day of shopping it was. We went pretty much everywhere there was to go in search of rugs, kitchen supplies, and other decorations that would get us one step closer to being finished with our new homes. We had a really fun day and were able to get a lot accomplished, including getting our sushi fix at a restaurant called Blue. Angela also took me to this delicious place called Foster's for lunch where I had the most delicious veggie melt sandwich ever! After we had exhausted ourselves from shopping, we decided to rent a chick flick and relax until we were too tired to function. Unfortunately, before we got a chance to enjoy the movie, we had a gas leak scare in Angela's house. To make a long story short, somehow one of the knobs on her gas stove must have been bumped when we were bringing things in from shopping and that's what was causing the gas leak. We felt a little silly after all was said and done because we called the boys and the gas people so many times trying to figure out what was going on and what we needed to do. It's kinda funny looking back, but it was a little scary at the time! Angela and I are such girls...

Here are some pictures from the guys' trip to the Field of Dreams. They had fun just hanging out, eating at some yummy restaraunts, and playing baseball on the field.

The house from the movie



Is this Heaven?


Ryan and Chris having a catch

Early Sunday morning, Alena, Angela and I left for Des Moines
where we were meeting up with Nick, Chris, and Ryan so that we could go to the
Iowa Sate Fair. The fair was tons of fun! We got to see some really cool things
including a giant cow carved out of butter, a dog show, and a bull weighing over
3,000 lbs. My favorite part of the fair had to be the food. We had fresh
squeezed lemonade, fried vegetables, turkey legs, old fashioned root beer, BBQ
sandwiches, ice cream... and it was all so good! I probably came home 10 pounds
heavier, but it was worth it!




Angela and I devouring our turkey legs





Me and Angela again, posing in front of the award winning bull (the picture doesn't do him justice)


When we finally got back from the fair, Ryan and I went over to the Tyrrells' house to pick up Misha. (Jill and Rob were nice enough to puppy-sit while we were gone all day in Des Moines.) We stayed and played a game of Settlers and had some dessert with them and then went home and straight into bed. We were exhausted after such a long weekend, but we had a great time!






Comments

Dave said…
You know, I don't think I've ever actually seen that movie. I don't even really know what it's about. Something about baseball and dead people? Really?

Popular Posts