Man, moving is a pain!

After a grueling week of packing, cleaning, and moving boxes and furniture, we are finally most of the way settled into our new place. It's actually even starting to feel a little bit like home, although it has taken a lot of work for it to get that way... Unfortunately for us and for our friends who so graciously decided to help, we picked the hottest weekend of the year to move. It was up around 100 degrees every day! Needless to say, we were sweating buckets all weekend long. Another highlight of our weekend was my discovery that our landlord neglected to have the place cleaned before we moved in (or at least it seemed that way). I have never cleaned something so disgusting in all my life and I'm still not done! I have yet to get to the worst part which are the floors- you can't walk around barefoot without your feet turning black. Yuck!


Misha has had a pretty difficult time with the transition to our new home- poor girl! She's a big weenie, as Ryan calls her, and is, therefore, afraid of anything and everything imaginable. So all the loud noises, garbage bags full of trash, and big stacks of boxes everywhere that will occasionally topple to the floor are not helping. She cowers and runs away whenever there is any sign of movement from anything other than Ryan and me. It's so sad!! Initially, Ryan and I planned to put Misha's monstrosity of a kennel in the basement so that we could actually use our extra bedroom for a guest room, but Misha absolutely HATES it down there. We left her in the basement in her smaller crate for a little while while we ran to the store the other night and our new neighbors Chris and Angela said that they could hear her crying while we were gone. When we got home and let her out she immediately ran upstairs and we haven't been able to get her to follow us down there since. I told Ryan that she was probably just upset because it's an unfamiliar place and she would get used to it, but Ryan has a soft spot for his puppy and he insisted that we put Misha's kennel in the extra bedroom upstairs where she will be more comfortable. I know Misha will appreciate it, but I really wanted my extra bedroom, darn it! Maybe after we get settled Misha will calm down and eventually be okay in the basement.


On a more positive note, we do have most everything put away and have even started putting up curtains and decorations. I think it's looking really nice so far and I can't wait to see the finished product. I'll post pictures as soon as I find which box contains my camera… Thanks to Alena, Nick, Angela, Chris, and Johnny for helping us move on Saturday and thanks to Jill and Rob for keeping an eye on Misha for us while we loaded the truck. We couldn't have done it without you!

Comments

Seth and Sierra said…
wow! I hope Misha gets used to it soon! I'm glad things are going well! Sorry you have to clean right when you've moved, though. I've had to do that before, and it's never fun. But, you definitely feel better about your house once you're done!
PS: thanks for the memory! I actually didn't even remember that until you said it! Hilarious! I hope we can do something again, soon, too!

Popular Posts