We love the weekends!
We didn't do a whole lot during the day on Saturday; we cleaned up our apartment, did some grocery shopping, ran some errands, etc. But on Saturday night we went to the movies with Johnny and Amber. Johnny and Amber are some friends from church who live in our same apartment complex (and Johnny is also a Creighton med student who just finished up his second year- he's been a great mentor for Ryan!). We saw the new Indiana Jones movie- Ryan liked it, but I thought it was just alright. I was a little disappointed. I'd encourage all those who have yet to see the movie to just wait for it to come out on DVD. In my opinion, it's not worth the money to go see it in the theater. Even though the movie wasn't the greatest, it was still fun to spend an evening out with friends. We're gonna miss having Johnny and Amber as our neighbors when we move!
Sunday was a nice relaxing day. We went to church in the morning. And when we got home, my BFF Rose (aka Margo) from work came over for some girl time. We watched one of my very favorite movies, The Notebook, and cried our eyes out- it was great! Then, I got to do something that I haven't had the chance to enjoy very much these last few weeks- COOK! I love to cook when I have the time and haven't just gotten home from working all day. So for dinner I made homemade rolls (to go with the delicious honey-butter that our friends, the Tyrells, gave us), chicken breasts stuffed with ham and cheese in a mushroom white wine cream sauce (Margo was an awesome helper with this), mashed potatoes and white gravy, and, for dessert, a peanut butter cheesecake made from scratch! It's a good thing that Margo and Ross (Margo's boyfriend who made his way over after our movie) ate with us because there was a lot of food! Now, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but everything was super delicious, especially the cheesecake! I was so proud of myself! The cheesecake actually tastes just as good as if it were from the Cheesecake Factory- no kidding. The only problem is that it makes a huge cheesecake and it's so rich that you can only eat just a little bit at a time. Needless to say, we have a ton leftover. Anyone who would like to help us eat it is more than welcome to stop by!! Anyway, after our yummy dinner we played Scattergories and then Spades. It was so fun to finally have a game night again! I think the last time we played games with another couple was back in Rexburg with Jon and Maria (don't worry guys, we'll always have a special place for you in our hearts... oh wait... we got no heart!! lol!).
Isn't it beautiful!? I made that all by myself!!!
Comments