A Movie, a Baseball Game, and a BBQ

Last week was a pretty busy week. I had a lot of things that I needed to get done and so that kept me away from home the majority of the time. After work, I'd go straight to wherever I needed to go and wouldn't usually get back to the apartment until around 9:00. My friend Katy from work went with me on my errands a couple times- it was nice to have her company. She made the experience so much more enjoyable! (Thanks, Katy!!) Anyway, by the end of the week, I felt like I had hardly seen Ryan at all and I missed him. So Friday night, we had a date night. We went to see The Incredible Hulk, which actually turned out to be a pretty good movie. I was pleasantly surprised.


On Saturday, as I mentioned in my last birthday post below, Ryan and I were able to go to a College World Series baseball game. They were giving away some tickets at work and I was lucky enough to snag a couple. The game was a lot of fun. We ate sunflower seeds, drank fresh squeezed lemonade, and watched Stanford get spanked by Georgia. We were actually routing for Stanford just to spite our friend Paul, but fortunately we didn't have a particularly strong affinity for either team. It was just fun to be able to go and experience all the hype about having the College World Series here in Omaha.

We had pretty good seats- quite a few rows up, but right behind home plate

Sunday was a nice ending to a great weekend. We went to church in the morning and then went to Bob and Ashley's place for a welcome home BBQ for Bob. Bob just got back from a humanitarian trip in India. He had some pretty scary stories to tell about a riot which required them to be escorted by police and people getting sick. Needless to say, we are all happy that Bob came home safe and sound! After we finished stuffing our faces with all the good food, the guys threw around a football, we messed around with Bob's new cricket set, took turns playing monkey balls (aka horse balls, ladder golf, and a dozen other silly names), and played a few rounds of Catch Phrase. Catch Phrase was probably my favorite part of the day- Angela cracked me up! I've never seen her laugh so hard!!



Check out Ryan's sweet pose- Love it!

The Girls - Me, Alena, Angela, and Ashley

Us after playing some cricket

Finally a picture of the whole crew (minus Ryan who is taking the picture)- Me, Alena, Angela, Bob, Roger (Chris's Dad who was visiting), Chris, Ashley, and Nick

Oh, and I almost forgot- one of the highlights of the weekend happened right in Bob and Ashley's backyard... I got to see fire flies for the first time and they are the coolest little bugs ever!! Now THAT was a great ending to the weekend! :)

Comments

Paul Haymore said…
Jamie Jamie Jamie.....

I would never root against a Colorado team just because you and Ryan are from there! I would because Jon is from there, but not because of you guys (j/k Jon...You complete me)

You've really latched on to this blogging thing. I might have to ramp it up myself.

Much love
Paul
Jess said…
and you say we have fun weekends... psh
Seth and Sierra said…
sounds like lots of fun!! Cute pics!
Traci said…
I'm glad you had a fun weekend! Brad and I are jealous of the baseball game - what could be more fun to do for a summer date?
Paul Haymore said…
Jamie,

As an avid gamer I wouldn't make the Wii my first choice. However, for casual gaming it's probably the easiest system to play.

I'm not personally sold on the Wii fit. If I'm playing video games I probably don't want to be working out. I have friends though that swear the game is a lot of fun and worth it. If you like to work out you'll probably like Wii fit.

Hope that helps.

Popular Posts