EWWW!!!
On Saturday afternoon, Ryan and I thought that Misha could use some time out of the apartment and we could use a little exercise, so we drove down to Walnut Creek. Walnut Creek is a really cool place just a little ways away from us in Papillion. There are horse trails, bike
paths, walking trails, an off-leash dog park, camping sites, a couple of lakes- it's really gorgeous. We decided to take the hour-long walk around one of the lakes. At first, Misha was just as happy as could be, romping around in the brush and snagging mouth fulls of tall grass whenever she got the chance, but as the walk progressed she got increasingly tired. It was a pretty warm day- in the 80s- but I didn't think it was too bad. Misha thought different, however. It got to the point that every time we'd pass a shaded area she would just lay right down and refuse to move. What a weenie! Well, after a few times of her doing this, we thought it was best to let her take a short rest so that's what we did and then we made our way back to the car- obviously Misha was done for the day. When we got home, Misha was out like a light- she was so tired! Okay, so now I am getting to the reason why I have titled this post as "EWWW!!!". As Misha slept and as Ryan was sitting on the couch watching TV, I was laying on the floor (relatively close to Misha) doing crunches and push-ups. I felt a little tickle on my leg and when I looked I saw that there was this little flat bug crawling on me. I freaked out and flicked it off as quick as I could and asked Ryan to get rid of it. Ryan scooped it up with a paper towel and tried to kill it by squishing it as hard as he could between his fingers, but he couldn't. It was the craziest thing! The bug wasn't even phased! Ryan ended up burning it with a lighter to kill it and then washed it down the sink. So I resumed my work-out and a minute later I felt another tickle on my hand. It was the same kind of bug on me as before. I freaked out more this time and jumped up off the floor to see if I could see anymore around, but I couldn't. I looked closer at the bug and realized what it was- it was a tick! Gross!! Ryan searched for the bug on the internet and confirmed that, indeed, it was a tick. I thought it was probably a good idea to to check Misha out since she was most likely the one to bring them back to th
e apartment, what with her playing in the tall grass and all. It's a good thing I looked too, cuz she had one on her- it was stuck right to her side, close to her front leg. Ryan and I were both thoroughly grossed out. I told Ryan that he was gonna have to be the one to take care of it, so we looked up the best way to remove them and Ryan took a pair of tweezers and pulled on it as hard as he could. Those suckers hold on amazingly tight, but he was finally able to get it off, along with a little bit of Misha's skin. Poor Misha! She was such a good girl though! She let us do our work without putting up any kind of a fight. Luckily, neither Ryan nor I were able to find anything on us, so it was just her. Whew! I don't think that we'll be making another trip to Walnut Creek for a while... P.S. I bet you're wondering if I took that picture of the tick, right? As if! I found it on the internet... there is no way that I would have let that thing crawl on me while I took a picture of it!
paths, walking trails, an off-leash dog park, camping sites, a couple of lakes- it's really gorgeous. We decided to take the hour-long walk around one of the lakes. At first, Misha was just as happy as could be, romping around in the brush and snagging mouth fulls of tall grass whenever she got the chance, but as the walk progressed she got increasingly tired. It was a pretty warm day- in the 80s- but I didn't think it was too bad. Misha thought different, however. It got to the point that every time we'd pass a shaded area she would just lay right down and refuse to move. What a weenie! Well, after a few times of her doing this, we thought it was best to let her take a short rest so that's what we did and then we made our way back to the car- obviously Misha was done for the day. When we got home, Misha was out like a light- she was so tired! Okay, so now I am getting to the reason why I have titled this post as "EWWW!!!". As Misha slept and as Ryan was sitting on the couch watching TV, I was laying on the floor (relatively close to Misha) doing crunches and push-ups. I felt a little tickle on my leg and when I looked I saw that there was this little flat bug crawling on me. I freaked out and flicked it off as quick as I could and asked Ryan to get rid of it. Ryan scooped it up with a paper towel and tried to kill it by squishing it as hard as he could between his fingers, but he couldn't. It was the craziest thing! The bug wasn't even phased! Ryan ended up burning it with a lighter to kill it and then washed it down the sink. So I resumed my work-out and a minute later I felt another tickle on my hand. It was the same kind of bug on me as before. I freaked out more this time and jumped up off the floor to see if I could see anymore around, but I couldn't. I looked closer at the bug and realized what it was- it was a tick! Gross!! Ryan searched for the bug on the internet and confirmed that, indeed, it was a tick. I thought it was probably a good idea to to check Misha out since she was most likely the one to bring them back to th
e apartment, what with her playing in the tall grass and all. It's a good thing I looked too, cuz she had one on her- it was stuck right to her side, close to her front leg. Ryan and I were both thoroughly grossed out. I told Ryan that he was gonna have to be the one to take care of it, so we looked up the best way to remove them and Ryan took a pair of tweezers and pulled on it as hard as he could. Those suckers hold on amazingly tight, but he was finally able to get it off, along with a little bit of Misha's skin. Poor Misha! She was such a good girl though! She let us do our work without putting up any kind of a fight. Luckily, neither Ryan nor I were able to find anything on us, so it was just her. Whew! I don't think that we'll be making another trip to Walnut Creek for a while... P.S. I bet you're wondering if I took that picture of the tick, right? As if! I found it on the internet... there is no way that I would have let that thing crawl on me while I took a picture of it!
Comments