Sick and snuggly

My sweet little girl wasn't feeling so well today. Nothing too serious - just a slight fever. It's funny how worked up I get about the tiniest things. Like when we brought Emmy home from the hospital and she developed a small diaper rash a couple days later. From my reaction, you'd have thought she had some awful illness! So silly! I guess I just felt like I was responsible for damaging my perfect baby. When it comes to Emmy, all of my nursing training goes out the window and I lose all rational thought. It's a good thing Ryan is able to keep his cool, because I'm sure I would be one of those annoying mothers who calls the pediatrician 5 times a day! Anyway, this being the first time Emmy has been "sick", all I wanted to do all evening was hold her and rock her and cuddle her until she felt better. And that's exactly what I did. Emmy was perfectly content to snuggle up in my arms for hours. Even though I could have put her to bed at around 10pm, I held her until after midnight just because I didn't want to put her down. I'm hoping she'll be back to normal tomorrow, but I wouldn't mind a bit if she wanted to snuggle with me all day again!

Comments

Popular Posts