Emmy's 2 month check-up
Emmy had her 2 month well child check-up this morning. She is still super tall - around the 90th percentile at 24 inches long. She's 13 pounds 2 ounces which puts her in about the 50th percentile for weight. She is also around the 50th percentile for head circumference. Getting to be such a big girl! The end of the appointment was the part that I had been dreading all week long. Vaccination time. Emmy had to get 2 shots in 1 leg and 1 shot in the other. It was the saddest thing. I have never heard my baby cry like that. It was this awful, high pitched wail. As they gave her the shots she was staring up at me with crocodile tears streaming down her face. I felt like she must have been thinking, "why are you doing this to me, mom?" I couldn't help but get a little teared up over it. Luckily, after I picked her up, it didn't take too long to calm her down. Still, I never want to watch her go through that again. I think it hurt me just as much as it hurt her! Ryan better not be working the next time she has a check-up! After all was said and done, other than the slight abnormality with her hips that I mentioned in a previous post, Emmy is perfectly healthy! Hoping it stays that way and that we get good news at her peds ortho appointment on Friday.
Comments