"Move that Bus!"

Some friends of ours gave us 4 free tickets to a UNO hockey game as a thank you for puppy-sitting for a week, which was totally unnecessary, but appreciated nonetheless bc we had a GREAT time! For me, Hockey is one of those sports that I can really get into because it is easy to understand and the game moves quickly enough to keep my attention (which isn't always very easy to do, let's be honest). Plus, dare I admit, I kinda like it when the gloves come off and a few punches are thrown... What?? It's not like I get amped up for a blood bath. I just think it's amusing to watch grown men slipping all over the place while trying to hit each other when really it looks like they're hugging. Plus, even though the gloves are off, all those pads are still there for protection so no one really gets hurt, right? Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Anyway, our friendly duo, Mike and Maggie, accompanied us to the game. None of us really cared much about which team won, but we pretended to be hard-core UNO fans bc it was more fun that way. We shouted and clapped and chanted until we were hoarse. The title of this post is so named bc Mike was sure the fans below us were shouting "Move that Bus!" Turns out, what they were really saying was "U-N-O!" But "Move that Bus" was funnier, so we continued to yell that instead. UNO ended up killing the other team (not literally, don't worry. remember, pads=protection!), and for the perfect ending to our fun-tabulous evening, we had celebratory post-game ice cream at Ted and Wally's.


*sigh* What are Ryan and I gonna do when we move away for residency and can't bring Mike and Mag along with us?? Guess we'll have to find a Home Depot to go couple shopping in when we arrive at our final destination.

Comments

Jess said…
We miss you guys! Move here ok and then we can reunite! Yay. By the way Congrats on graduating nursing school. I love it! It's like you and Ryan are Meredith and Derek! Haha that cracks me up!

Popular Posts