I want to shout it on top of a mountain... but I don't have a mountain. I have a computer and a blog.
I am SO super excited to finally announce publicly that I am going to be a NURSE!!!! That's right! Remember all those classes I was taking a little while back? Well, now you know why. I was preparing myself for nursing school! I will be starting Creighton University's accelerated nursing program in January of 2010. I admit I have known that I will be going to nursing school for quite a while now... since April, actually... but I didn't want to spill the beans until I broke the news to everyone at work. You can't blame me for wanting to keep my job, can you? Well now the word has spread and I have a guarantee that I can keep working right up until I am ready to leave, I can tell anyone I want! Such a relief!! Do you know how hard it is to keep such a big secret? I've been practically bursting at the seams for 7 months! Anywho... let me tell you a little bit about the program. Since it's accelerated, I will be taking 2 to 2 1/2 years' worth of nursing classes in 12 months. There are 3 semesters within those 12 months. I will be taking 19 credits the first semester, 20 the second, and 19 the third. Sound tough? Ya. It will be. VERY tough from what I've heard. But doable. And it will be so nice to have it all done in only 1 year. Orientation is on Jan 13th and I'll start classes shortly thereafter. I have decided that my last day with McGladrey (my current employer) will be sometime just before Christmas. That way I won't have to fight for vacation time and I'll be able to enjoy a few weeks of relaxation before taking the plunge. Assuming all goes according to planned, I will graduate 4 months or so before Ryan. Perfect timing, eh? And won't Ryan and I be just the cutest little couple? Doctor and Nurse. LOVE it :)
Comments
i can't believe i didn't know you had a blog!
you look beautiful as always! and so happy!
hope all is well!