I put a spell on you...

October is such a fun month for me because I love Halloween and everything that comes along with it - changing leaves, pumpkin patches, candy, Halloween parties, corn mazes, haunted houses, costumes, spooky decorations... And I always get excited for those silly kiddie Halloween movies like Halloweentown, The Adams Family, and my personal fave, Hocus Pocus! Here are a couple things we did to celebrate this year:

Pumpkin Carving!
We carved pumpkins with Chris and Angela again this year, but this time Ashley joined in on the fun!
Hard at work...

The finished products

Ryan's is the one on the far left. Kinda hard to see but it's a castle with a ghost in front of it. Ryan's pumpkins are always so cool. He has a talent for pumpkin carving. (Do you think that means he might make a good surgeon?) My pumpkin was my favorite (just to the right of Ryan's). His name was Bug-a-Boo.

On Halloween night, we were invited to go to a costume party that Heeyoung (one of Ryan's fellow med school students) was having. We threw a costume together at the last minute. Can you guess what we were? (I snagged the idea from my friend Christi who talked about a costume like this on her blog! Thanks for the idea, Christi!)

Ryan and I didn't think things through very well because we thought it would be a good idea to get ready at our house before the party. You should have seen us trying to squeeze into my little red Honda. Ha ha! Ryan ended up having to take off most of his balloons in order to see, shift, and steer. The 25-minute drive was a little bit miserable, as I left all my balloons on. I was a static superstar by the time we finally got there! Our costumes lasted about 5 minutes after we arrived at the party. It was so hard to move around! Our first attempt to pop the balloons failed miserably... we tried running at each other, but that only landed me on the floor across the room with unphased balloons. Heeyoung then graciously supplied Ryan and me with skewers, so we sword fought until all the balloons were popped. Good times...

The party was a definite success - there was yummy food and drinks, fun games, and great company. Thanks for inviting us, Heeyoung!

That just about does it for our Halloween happenings. Hope everyone else had a happy Halloween too!

Comments

Lindsey said…
I love your costumes and your pumpkins are great! You guys really do get creative with our carving. I hope you guys are doing well. I love looking at your blog and seeing what you've been up to. How is school going? How much longer do you have? Give us an update on that when you have a minute. We are loving Colorado. I can see why you miss it so much and want to come back. I love being out of the AZ heat. It is so refreshing!
Sierra said…
I think the sword-fighting is the best! :)

PS: I'll do a post on my excersize routine soon...I've actually had a few people ask!
Christi said…
Girl I was laughing out loud at picturing you sitting in your car like that! Oh dear, too bad you don't have a pic of that too!
Cute!
Traci said…
Your costumes are hilarious! Brad is also uncommonly good at pumpkin carving and I've wondered the same thing about surgeon hands... Glad you had a Happy Halloween!

Popular Posts