My Bestest

Because she loves me so much, my BFF Christie decided to fly to Omaha to spend a weekend with me. I had a good time showing her all that Omaha has to offer... it's kinda sad that this can be done in just one weekend, huh? Oh, Omaha... Anyway, here's what we did!

You can't visit Omaha and not see the Henry Doorly Zoo! It's actually quite impressive. Here's Christie hangin' out in the butterfly pavillion. Isn't she a babe?


A couple of our favorites from the day:


Of course, we couldn't get together without doing a little shopping! It was just like old times. We went to Westroads Mall one day and Village Pointe another day. When we were at Village Pointe, I had the privelege of introducing Christie to the wonderful world of Harry Potter. We saw the new Harry Potter movie and she has been addicted ever since!


We ate a TON, as you always do when you're on vacation. I took Christie to Cali Taco (which is famous enough to have been on the Food Network show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives), Matsu Sushi, Ted and Wally's, and Blue Sushi... yes, we're sushi girls! We were joined by Chris and Angela the evening we went to Blue which is in Omaha's downtown area (aka Old Market). After dinner, us girls stopped by one of my very favorite boutiques - Nouvelle Eve. Lucky for us, there was a big sale going on so we got some great stuff!



No, we didn't buy the hats, but that doesn't mean we didn't want to.
We went to Ted and Wally's (an amazing local ice cream shop) for dessert after we finished at Nouvelle Eve. Below is the warning sign that they have up in the window. I laugh every time I see it! It'd be enought to scare me if I had children in there!


The rest of our time together was spent relaxing, watching movies, being goofy, giggling, and reminiscing about the good ol' days.





I loved, Loved, LOVED having Christie visit. When it was time to take her back to the airport, I was nowhere near ready for her to leave. She better be careful the next time she comes to Omaha because I might just decide not to let her go back home!

Thanks for coming to see me, Chris! Having you here made me realize just how much I miss you. I love ya, babe! Come back soon!


Comments

Christi said…
Um, I have those brown sheets on my bed!!

Popular Posts