Astronaut or Surgeon?


Ryan sent me a text message this afternoon that said "I got to wear a space suit today."

Uh, what??

I told him to explain and this is what he wrote back: "For surgeries where blood and bone and stuff is flying everywhere there is this entire fan cooled suit that I got to wear, and it looks like a space suit. I felt cool."

Ha ha. I love my silly boy! (Emphasis on the word boy... Sometimes my almost 30-year-old husband sounds just like a little kid.)

Ryan is thoroughly enjoying his surgery rotation. He's doing orthopedic surgery right now (hence the flying blood and bone he mentioned in his text) and loves it. Orthopedic surgery is actually one of the specialties that Ryan is seriously considering, so it's awesome that he's getting to experience it first-hand. Ryan enjoys fixing things and working with his hands, so I think surgery is a great option for him; however, he's not sure that he will feel comfortable being the "main man" in the OR. A person's life is definitely a lot of weight to have on your shoulders. I can't imagine the amount of pressure surgeons feel on a daily basis. I guess we'll see. I am confident that Ryan will be amazing at whatever he decides to do. It's the deciding that is gonna be the hard part!

Comments

Lindsey said…
How do you and your husband feel about Obama's health Care reform? Do you have any opinions? It sounds like he is doing a great job and having fun with his work/ school. I am glad he is able to do something that he loves so much. How is school going for you? Are you still working or just going to school full time?

Popular Posts