Family Fun

I am so blessed to have a family that would drive all the way up to boring 'ol Omaha to come and see me for my birthday. Actually, they were a few days late, but we thought it would be more fun if they came over the 4th of July so that we could celebrate the holiday together- plus they would be here for Chase's birthday too. So some highlights of their visit included: a lot of eating out (one of my very favorite things to do); almost a full day of shopping with my favorite shopping buddy (aka Mom), Chase, Collin and Kira; getting the brakes on my car replaced by Ryan and Kurt; a day trip to Thunder Alley where we bowled, rode go-carts, and played laser tag; a movie (we saw Hancock which was pretty good); a visit to our pool; a 4th of July BBQ consisting of thick, juicy steaks, jello salad, and baked beans; a rented movie marathon; and many games of Catch Phrase, Super Nintendo, Yahtzee, Uno, Drunken Pirate (a playground game), and Alligator (a pool game).



That's the grill that Ryan got for his birthday from my parents. We grilled some yummy steaks on that grill for the 4th!


Playing Drunken Pirate with the kids.






My mom, Misha, and me


Bowling at Thunder Alley






My mom and Ryan both bowled turkeys when we went bowling. They are being huge dorks in this picture and are pretending that they have turkey gobbles while holding up the number 3 to represent the 3 strikes they bowled in a row.










Us in our laser tag gear.

I want my family to know how much I love them. Ryan and I had a great time and we appreciate them taking a summer vacation in Nebraska just so that we could all be together. We miss them and hope to see them again soon!! And that includes Misha- she has been so mopey since they left. Obviously she is going through family withdrawal as well!

Comments

Steph said…
Sounds like so much fun! It's nice to have good family time!

Oh, Brian would like the rules for the drunken pirate game. He loves pirate, so he's intrigued!
PerezFam said…
I want to come and see you so bad. I wish my family was taking a trip so I could tag along!!!
Traci said…
Happy Birthday (late)!. It looks like you had fun with your family!
Seth and Sierra said…
Ah I missed your birthday! Happy birthday late! Sorry bout that...I'm glad you had so much fun with your family!

Popular Posts