Swimming Lessons

My friend Meghan and I have babies close to the same age. Her little boy, Carter, is about 3 weeks older than Emmy. We thought it would be fun to do a baby swimming class together. It has been so much fun! Emmy seems to really like the water. She splashes a lot and moves her arms and legs all over the place. She has been submerged under water quite a few times. And no... I'm not trying to drown my baby, you guys. When they go under water, babies reflexively hold their breath. Emmy really didn't care for going underwater at first and she would sputter and cry afterward. Now, she handles it like a champ and doesn't even fuss about it. Emmy has already learned to float on her back with her arm floats with no support from anyone. Her teacher says she has great balance. Is it possible we have a future swimming all-star on our hands??? I guess only time will tell!





Comments

Popular Posts