Golden Apple Prep

As we are coming to the end of another school year for Ryan, the Golden Apple is quickly approaching. The Golden Apple is like prom for medical school students. It's an excuse for the students and their dates to get all dressed up, eat some good food, dance, and...oh yeah... get completely trashed! Supposedly, last year, things got a little out of control, so an open bar is no longer an option. Silly med school students... It really is incredible to me just how much medical students drink. Before coming out to Creighton, I always pictured our soon-to-be-doctors to be composed, responsible, and maybe even a little boring (concerning their partying habits, I mean) simply because they are medical school students and they're busy. Well, let me tell you, they may work hard, but they party even harder. It's crazy! (Of course, not everyone in medical school is like that, but there is a good majority that is.) Ok...getting a little off course...back to my original reason for posting - Ryan and I didn't go to the Golden Apple last year, as Ryan neglected to even mention anything about it to me. In fact, I don't think I heard about it at all until Angela asked me if we were going just a couple of days before the big night. Well, this year, Ashley and Angela convinced me that Ryan and I needed to go and made sure that I knew when Golden Apple was taking place. Last Saturday, us girls planned a trip to the mall to find some dresses. It ended up being a really fun afternoon! We started shopping around 4:30 or so, took a break and had dinner at Panera, and then continued shopping all the way up until the mall closed. It was a very successful day at Westroads - we all got dresses! As we were making our way back to the car after we had made our final purchases, we discovered that none of us knew where we had left the car. After some mild arguments, nervous laughter, and checking outside of 3 different exits, we finally found where we had parked... sheesh! How embarrassing! After such a traumatic experience, we sought out TCBY for comfort and each brought back a little treat for our men at home. Are we nice girls, or what? :)

Comments

Traci said…
UW does something like that too, but we're not going this year. You'll have to tell us how yours goes! I have to say I'm a little surprised that the med students party a lot there. Luckily, we haven't seen much, if any, of that here! Crazy stuff!

Popular Posts