My first mother's day and Ryan's 30th!
Happy Mother's Day! I think that Mother's Day should be a month-long celebration, or better yet, a year-long celebration. One day is not nearly enough to truly recognize and show our appreciation for all the things our mothers do for us. I can't imagine what my life would be like without all the wonderful women in it! I am so grateful for them! It's hard to believe that I am going to be taking on that role to my own child soon. What an overwhelming feeling and some ginormo shoes to fill. Luckily, I have some amazing examples in my life who have shown me how to do it right. Let's just hope I can measure up!
My first official mother's day has been a good day so far. It doesn't get much better than relaxing at home with the ones who matter most! As I was relaxing on the couch earlier, I found myself staring at my baby bump and laughing as I watched our little girl kick and make it ripple and move. I called Ryan over and he got to see it too. It amazes me that she's not even born and she's already got us smiling and laughing all the time. Oh how we love this little baby of ours! We can't wait to meet her!
Today also happens to be Ryan's 30th birthday. Yes, 30th. Crazy, right? How in the world did I get to be married to an old man! Ha ha. Unfortunately, my initial plans to have a surprise b-day bash for my babe were ruined when I discovered that Ryan works the entire weekend... and he's working nights to make matters even more difficult. Oh well. Honestly, Ryan is more of a "stay at home and relax" kind of guy anyway, so that's just what we have been doing. When Ryan arrived home from work at 7:30 this morning, I surprised him with a yummy breakfast of crunchy french toast with real maple syrup, brown sugar bacon, fresh fruit, and a fruit smoothie. He was all smiles and went to bed feeling full and satisfied. For dinner before he goes off to work, I will be serving up another of his favorites - wings!
Once again, happy mothers day to all the wonderful women out there and happy 30th to my main squeeze. (Don't worry babe... you may be old, but you still got it.)
My first official mother's day has been a good day so far. It doesn't get much better than relaxing at home with the ones who matter most! As I was relaxing on the couch earlier, I found myself staring at my baby bump and laughing as I watched our little girl kick and make it ripple and move. I called Ryan over and he got to see it too. It amazes me that she's not even born and she's already got us smiling and laughing all the time. Oh how we love this little baby of ours! We can't wait to meet her!
Today also happens to be Ryan's 30th birthday. Yes, 30th. Crazy, right? How in the world did I get to be married to an old man! Ha ha. Unfortunately, my initial plans to have a surprise b-day bash for my babe were ruined when I discovered that Ryan works the entire weekend... and he's working nights to make matters even more difficult. Oh well. Honestly, Ryan is more of a "stay at home and relax" kind of guy anyway, so that's just what we have been doing. When Ryan arrived home from work at 7:30 this morning, I surprised him with a yummy breakfast of crunchy french toast with real maple syrup, brown sugar bacon, fresh fruit, and a fruit smoothie. He was all smiles and went to bed feeling full and satisfied. For dinner before he goes off to work, I will be serving up another of his favorites - wings!
Once again, happy mothers day to all the wonderful women out there and happy 30th to my main squeeze. (Don't worry babe... you may be old, but you still got it.)
Comments