Goodbye, Omaha and hello, Portland!

These last few weeks have been CRAZY. House hunting, then rental hunting, multiple trips to Portland (not a short trek, I'll have you know), senior week, Ryan's birthday, Ryan's graduation, job hunting, hosting a yard sale, packing, cleaning, fitting in last minute goodbyes with Omaha friends, more cleaning, unpacking, furniture shopping, and mattress hunting have left us completely exhausted. However, all the effort seems to be worth it because we are LOVING Portland so far! Ever since we arrived we have been enjoying clear blue skies and sunshine. It is so beautiful here. All the trees and mountains surrounding the city make me feel like I'm living in a postcard! *Sigh* Jim and Laura (Ry-guy's P's) were nice enough to pull our U-Haul behind their car all the way to Portland for us, so we got to explore a little of our new home with them before they headed back to CO. We walked around the neighborhood a bit and discovered a crazy beautiful view of Mt. Hood just around the corner and an amazing fish and chips joint (also within walking distance) that we will enjoy many more times in the near future, I'm sure! I can't say it's been all lemon drops and gum drops since we got here... unpacking and cleaning has been less than enjoyable, but at least the first few days of it weren't so bad since we had good company and help from Jim and Laura. We sure do love them and miss having them here!

Well, I guess I better stop delaying the inevitable and get back to work. Boo. Moving stinks, but at least we're on the home stretch!



On a side note, just wanted to say that we are so blessed to have family and friends who have been so willing to help us through this whole moving process. A BIG thank you to my mom, Kurt, Chase, Laura, and Jim. We are so grateful that you came out to Omaha to support Ryan as he graduated from medical school. Also, we could not have made the move to Portland without you!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! We can't say it enough!

Comments

Jewelyn said…
That's so awesome! You guys are accomplishing soo much! Congrats to you!
Sierra said…
Yay!! You're here! :)
Lindsey said…
Wow! We just moved a little over a month ago so I know how NOT FUN moving is! So much work. It does feel so good when you are finally settled. I am excited for you guys.

Popular Posts