Graduated

I feel good, duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh!!!!


I am so happy and so relieved to be finished with nursing school!!! Never in my life have I been so stressed and cranky, but now that it's done I can say that I am super glad I stuck it out and didn't quit as I threatened to do a thousand different times throughout the year.


I may be the one with my name written on the diploma, but my family and friends deserve to have their names on there somewhere too because I know I couldn't have made it through the program without them! Some of the Jamie-support crew was able to be at my pinning ceremony to cheer me on. It meant the world to me to have them there! (I somehow seem to be missing the pic I took with my mom, Kurt, Chase, and Kira, but they were there too!)


One of the biggest perks of nursing school was getting to meet so many amazing people. Rebecca was the first person I got to know in school because we were assigned to be partners in our very first class, Health Assessment. I couldn't be happier that we were put together because she is one of my favorite people on the planet. She is absolutely hilarious and a really great friend. LOVE this girl!!!


Mike and Maggie have become really close friends of ours. Mike was in my class and we suffered... a'hem, I mean...worked on many assignments and projects together. Had I not joined the program or quit prematurely, Ryan and I would have missed out on a fantastic friendship!


After the ceremony, the fam treated me to a delicious meal at The Cheesecake Factory. Look at my pretty congratulatory cheesecake :) (what I want to know is how they write so perfectly in chocolate syrup! Shoulda had them teach me...)


Me and my sister, Missy

My wonderful family



I know I always talk about how hard this nursing program was on me, but I wasn't the only one it was hard on. It was really hard on Ryan too. I was pretty much MIA from the day classes started until graduation, but he was so great through it all. He took on all of my duties in addition to his own without ever complaining. He did all of the laundry, cooking, cleaning, and shopping in addition to the many hours of tutoring and personal counseling that were needed. I have to admit that over the past year if Ryan even looked at me wrong, I would start bawling my lil eyes out. I was a nut case, I tell you!!! But my babe took it all in stride. I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful, supportive, and loving husband.

I don't want to leave the other member of our household who was forced to live with a crazy for a whole year, so a special thanks goes out to my Misha as well. I always appreciated the company she offered during those late night study sessions. And there's nothing better than coming home to wiggles, kisses, and cuddles after a long, hard day.

Lastly, I owe the biggest thanks to my Heavenly Father for His constant love and support, and the extra boost I got throughout a particularly difficult year. Never in my life have I spent so much time on my knees and been so grateful for prayer. I am so thankful for the testimony I have of the Savior and of His church. I can say with surety that I wouldn't be where I am today (a nursing school graduate!) without the gospel in my life.

Comments

Popular Posts