blah, nursing school, blah, blah, medical school, blah, blah, blah...
Ugh. I am so ready to be done with school so life can get a little more interesting again. Posting isn't as much fun when you don't have anything fun to talk about! I guess we've had a little fun here and there, but I'll have to post about the fun stuff later. I will, however, update you on what's happening with us and school. More for journaling purposes than anything else, but also just to let you know that we are still alive and well even though you only hear from us twice per year!
I'll start with me... I think I might actually graduate from this program!!! There have been many times when I wasn't so sure, but things are looking good and it is all down hill from where I am now. I'm set to graduate Dec 18th which means only a few more weeks of torture left! WOOHOO!!! I'm happy to report that the last couple of months haven't been all bad. I did a rotation in ICU about a month ago and got to do a day in the ER as well. I really enjoyed both units. This is surprising since I am super scared of really sick people. I don't like the pressure of having someone's life in my hands. Kinda freaks me out. But somehow I'm ok with the sickest of the sick??? Yup...Apparently! Now I have to brag a little bit because... well, just because. So, about mid-semester, I received an email from the school of nursing telling me that I made the honor society. Do you know what that means? That means that I am in the top 30% for grades in the entire school of nursing at Creighton! But, more importantly, that means that I get to wear pretty purple cords around my neck at graduation! No one could have been more shocked about this than me. This year has been the hardest year of my life, hands down. I have worked my booty off and I'm happy that it has paid off. So, yay for me!! Right now I am finishing out nursing school by completing my preceptorship in psych at home in CO! I will get to stay here and work for 7 weeks, go back to Omaha, graduate, and then come back to CO for the holidays. I figured this may be one of my last chances to be in CO for an extended period of time, so why not take it? Plus, Ryan will be able to join me in a couple of weeks which makes it even better!
Ryan is still chugging along. He took step 2 of the boards today - another major test that will be influential in what kind of doc Ryan can or will become. He studies hard and did really well on his practice exams, so I'm sure he did well. It's still a little nerve-wracking though (...is that how you spell that?) Anyway, it's hard to believe that we will find out where we're going for residency in March and then he will graduate in May. Thinking of Ryan as a doctor is just too wierd. "Dr. Benson" sounds so official. To me he is just my silly, nerdy, wonderful husband! Still, I know he is going to be a great doctor. Ryan is great at everything he does.
I guess that's all I have to report for now. Sorry for all of the boring... I really do hope to get more interesting come January or February when I'm official!
I'll start with me... I think I might actually graduate from this program!!! There have been many times when I wasn't so sure, but things are looking good and it is all down hill from where I am now. I'm set to graduate Dec 18th which means only a few more weeks of torture left! WOOHOO!!! I'm happy to report that the last couple of months haven't been all bad. I did a rotation in ICU about a month ago and got to do a day in the ER as well. I really enjoyed both units. This is surprising since I am super scared of really sick people. I don't like the pressure of having someone's life in my hands. Kinda freaks me out. But somehow I'm ok with the sickest of the sick??? Yup...Apparently! Now I have to brag a little bit because... well, just because. So, about mid-semester, I received an email from the school of nursing telling me that I made the honor society. Do you know what that means? That means that I am in the top 30% for grades in the entire school of nursing at Creighton! But, more importantly, that means that I get to wear pretty purple cords around my neck at graduation! No one could have been more shocked about this than me. This year has been the hardest year of my life, hands down. I have worked my booty off and I'm happy that it has paid off. So, yay for me!! Right now I am finishing out nursing school by completing my preceptorship in psych at home in CO! I will get to stay here and work for 7 weeks, go back to Omaha, graduate, and then come back to CO for the holidays. I figured this may be one of my last chances to be in CO for an extended period of time, so why not take it? Plus, Ryan will be able to join me in a couple of weeks which makes it even better!
Ryan is still chugging along. He took step 2 of the boards today - another major test that will be influential in what kind of doc Ryan can or will become. He studies hard and did really well on his practice exams, so I'm sure he did well. It's still a little nerve-wracking though (...is that how you spell that?) Anyway, it's hard to believe that we will find out where we're going for residency in March and then he will graduate in May. Thinking of Ryan as a doctor is just too wierd. "Dr. Benson" sounds so official. To me he is just my silly, nerdy, wonderful husband! Still, I know he is going to be a great doctor. Ryan is great at everything he does.
I guess that's all I have to report for now. Sorry for all of the boring... I really do hope to get more interesting come January or February when I'm official!
Comments