I'm alive... barely
Has it really been 6 months since my last post? Wow. The good news is that the past 6 months have gone by really fast. The bad news is I still have 6 months to go and the days seem to be dragging. Never in my life have I been so busy and stressed. Nursing school sucks! I just keep telling myself that it will be worth it in the end. Now if I can only get to the end... oh boy... what did I get myself into? On a happier note, I did manage to find an aspect of nursing that I actually enjoy. I was really worried that I chose to go into the wrong profession there for a while. Thankfully, I had a rotation in mental health, and fell in love. I guess that shouldn't have come as a surprise since I loved psych so much when I was taking classes in my undergrad. Anyway, I think I may have a future in child and adolescent psychology! We'll see...
Ryan has finally come to the decision that his calling is Emergency Medicine. He has decided that the life of an ER doc is the one for him. I'm behind him 100%. I think it's going to be great! He has had a couple of ER rotations and one of his favorite things to do is suturing. One of my favorite things about his rotations are the funny stories. There are some crazy people who show up in the ER. Ha ha. I'll leave you with a story...
When Ry was working nights, he went in to see a guy who had cut his hand. (The dude had thought it would be a good idea to punch out the window of his car because he had locked himself out.) The guy and his sister were both in the room and were very intoxicated, to say the least. As Ryan was stitching the guy up, his sister was dancing and singing "Go Ryan, Go, Ryan!" as he was working. After he had finished and went to leave the room, the woman slapped his butt. Just one of the perks of working in the ER, I guess. :)
Ryan has finally come to the decision that his calling is Emergency Medicine. He has decided that the life of an ER doc is the one for him. I'm behind him 100%. I think it's going to be great! He has had a couple of ER rotations and one of his favorite things to do is suturing. One of my favorite things about his rotations are the funny stories. There are some crazy people who show up in the ER. Ha ha. I'll leave you with a story...
When Ry was working nights, he went in to see a guy who had cut his hand. (The dude had thought it would be a good idea to punch out the window of his car because he had locked himself out.) The guy and his sister were both in the room and were very intoxicated, to say the least. As Ryan was stitching the guy up, his sister was dancing and singing "Go Ryan, Go, Ryan!" as he was working. After he had finished and went to leave the room, the woman slapped his butt. Just one of the perks of working in the ER, I guess. :)
Comments