More whining just cuz I'm real good at it!
Yep, still alive, just very, very busy! Actually, the only reason I am writing now is because it is spring break and so I have a little free time. I've been enjoying the week with my family in CO. It has been wonderful! I really needed this break, as nursing school has turned out to be the most difficult and stressful thing I have ever done in my entire life. It is not at all what I expected it to be. I was expecting to jump right in and love every minute of it, but I have been completely miserable ever since Health Assessment (my first class) ended. Ugh... I know I've only been in school for 2 months and it's probably not fair to judge the nursing profession on one really awful rotation (Long Term Care) and one boring one (school screenings), but I can't help it! I just do not like the tasks that a nurse is expected to perform. The only part I like is building relationships with patients and making them feel comfortable in uncomfortable situations. I don't like any of the other stuff. Not any of it! And I have decided that I do not enjoy being responsible for someone else's life. It is so stressful and I feel completely inadequate!!! I mean, a mistake on my part could kill someone for crying out loud! Man, oh man. Did I choose to go into the wrong profession??? I guess only time will tell. I'm hoping things will get better as I continue in the program. There's gotta be some aspect of nursing that I will like, right???
In other news, Ryan has moved on from Peds to Psych. He's loving the easy schedule that comes along with the Psych rotation, but that's about all he's loving about it. Step 2 is coming quickly, so he'll have to start studying for that soon. Also, Ryan has pretty much decided that emergency medicine is what he wants to go in to. We are so excited to finally have an end goal in sight! I guess there is still plenty of time for him to change his mind though ;)
In other news, Ryan has moved on from Peds to Psych. He's loving the easy schedule that comes along with the Psych rotation, but that's about all he's loving about it. Step 2 is coming quickly, so he'll have to start studying for that soon. Also, Ryan has pretty much decided that emergency medicine is what he wants to go in to. We are so excited to finally have an end goal in sight! I guess there is still plenty of time for him to change his mind though ;)
Comments