The Beginning

I finally did it! I started a blog for our little family. Sorry for the delay- I know a lot of you have been bugging me to get it started for a while now but I was putting it off because I was expecting it to be a difficult task- I am not a very computer savvy person. Though once I actually sat down to do it, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was! Well, to start, I guess I better give a little update for everyone that we haven't talked to in a while. Ryan and I are living in the wonderful state of Nebraska... okay, not so wonderful in my eyes, but at least Ryan likes it! Ryan has almost completed his first year of medical school and we are thrilled!!! 1 year down... 50 more to go- or at least it feels that way. Ryan has been very busy, but his hard work has paid off. He is passing all of his classes with flying colors and I couldn't be more proud of him. Once the semester lets out, Ryan is planning to start on a summer research project that will hopefully give him a step up on his residency applications so we can make it back home to Colorado. As for me, I have been keeping myself as busy as possible with work, my puppy Misha, hobbies, and church so I don't miss Ryan so much. Although I like my job, it's not really something that I'm interested in doing forever. I am still trying to decide where I want to go from here, but it is so hard trying to decide what to do with your life! I think I will probably start taking classes again in the fall and see where it leads me... keep your fingers crossed that I will figure something out soon! Misha is the same little wiggle-butt that she's always been. For those of you who have not had the privelege of meeting our pride and joy, we call her "wiggle-butt" because of the way her entire back end wiggles (despite her stump of a tail) when she's happy to see you. Of course, it wouldn't be normal if there wasn't some sort of health issue that we are dealing with, so I am happy to say that minus a minor ear infection she is perfectly healthy! Woo-hoo! I swear that dog has always got something wrong with her... I guess it's good training for when we have a real baby, but if I am this stressed and paranoid over a dog, I don't even want to think about how I will be when I have a child!
Well, there ya have it. In a nut shell, that is pretty much our lives these days. Stay posted! Now that I have an easy way to do it, I look forward to keeping you all informed of the Benson fam's everyday happenings! Until next time...

Comments

Jess said…
yay i'm so glad you started a blog!! i miss your faces!
Seth and Sierra said…
This looks great! I'm so glad you have one :)
Paul Haymore said…
It looks like I'll have to had a new "friends of the blog" to my list. It's nice you hear you all are doing well. Hugs n Kisses!
Steph said…
Great to see you in on blogging! I look forward to updates. Love you guys!
Christine said…
Yeah! Thanks for the comment - I hope you don't mind if I add you to my Links. It's fun to see what you are up to. Congrats on making it to the end of first year medical school!

Popular Posts